My name's not important

I'm really late to jump on the bandwagon, but I've been too busy designing the fjords for Earth mk III to blog...

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Heeere's Loni

My host in Paris is a friend from one of my Brisbane community choirs, Tongues of Fire. It is in fact her sister Yani who runs the ensemble. Loni is not as outgoing as her sister and does not like to be photographed normally - unless it is posing to do something silly:
Autumn splendor - make like an enlightened Eve after tasting forbidden fruit

..not that I am much different from Loni - you do not see many pics of me on this blog but here is my Adam pose snapped by the Lonsta:



Only 9 more days of silliness remain before my departure. Either with Loni, or alone sometimes, or in the company of Yani, Pete (Y's partner) and Helen ( L and Y's mother) we also got down to the serious business of Paris museums and galleries.

Loni is a theatre nurse however she also boasts a degree in Fine Arts and has taught drawing. Loni never leaves home without a sketchbook. She has a fine visual eye and is a great companion for these visits.

In the coming days we visit Musee d'Orsay, Louvre, Auguste Rodin's museum, Gustave Moreau's apartment-museum, l'Orangerie and the Musee de Quai Branly. Outside of hushed halls guarded by rope and security guard we also ascend the Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower and freeze our arses off looking for Jim Morrison's grave in the Pere Lachaise cemetary. We also celebrate Loni's birthday with some fun outings, some low-key meals, and also some quite serious activities.

But silly and fun was the dominating theme:
Silliness rules at this shop in the Marais district


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home