My name's not important

I'm really late to jump on the bandwagon, but I've been too busy designing the fjords for Earth mk III to blog...

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Musee d'Orsay I

A large crowd lines up to enter the museum. This is the last long queue we endured - a 4-day Paris Museum Pass cuts us directly to the front every time after this visit.

So much to enjoy... where do I start? Loni suggests the top floors with late career impressionists. I was not disappointed with her recommendation:


Paul CEZANNE Uncle Dominique the lawyer 1866

This picture struck us both dumb in our tracks . We found a place to sit and sketched. Lots of people blocked our view, however lots more respectfully stepped out of our way as soon as they noticed us at work:

Oddur AUGUSTSSON pencil copy of Cezanne's uncle dominique 31-10-2006


Loni MILLS pastel copy of Cezanne's uncle dominique 31-10-2006

Well, you can tell who has kept up their technique over all these years!! Yes, Mr Cezanne, we're not worthy!

; )

Loni should have laughed at my effort but instead she was very encouraging and constructively critical. She's a very nice human being. I think she could design some lovely fjords too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home