My name's not important

I'm really late to jump on the bandwagon, but I've been too busy designing the fjords for Earth mk III to blog...

Friday, January 05, 2007

Musee d'Orsay II


Paul Cezanne 'Christ with limbless man' 1867-69

It's obvious when I get excited by a picture - I go all wobbly when holding the camera shutter : )

Vincent VAN GOGH 'L'Arlesienne (Madame Ginoux)' November 1888

Vincent did not wobble so much when composing this one. Maybe he was saner than usual at the time... or perhaps his finances in this period limited his absinthe consumption.

Pierre-Auguste RENOIR 'Young woman with veil' around 1875

Isn't this exquisite? Make sure to click the image and look at it close-up. I'm proud of the fact I snapped this one sans-tripod with minimal shudder. It still makes me weak in the knees looking at it now.

It's Halloween today - students visiting the Musee dress to mark the date. No pumpkins were sighted however.





Gustave CAILLEBOTTE 'Planers of flooring' 1875

I'm certain every Australian who sees this does a double-take. No, they're in a European apartment house, not an outback shearing shed! The poses are amazingly similar though. Maybe skin tones shown here are paler than workers from the sunburnt country. A wonderful, under-rated painter - not strictly Impressionist, but from the same era - and enjoying the same gallery space among Cezanne, Pissarro and van Gogh.

Alright, now for a couple more silly pictures:


'Da Vinci Code Blartibartfast'

Eediot! You're posing in the wrong Museum! Anyway, aren't you supposed to take your clothes off?








'Loni in Paradise'

Wait on, make your right arm more vertical. Oh, you can't? Why not? Oops - boobies in the way. Ah well...


Koloman MOSER 'The Paradise' 1904 (design for stained glass panels, intended for the Cathedral Am Steinhof)






Angels to my left... angels to my right. Sleeping babes all around. A wonderful Art Nouveau-themed religious composition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home