My name's not important

I'm really late to jump on the bandwagon, but I've been too busy designing the fjords for Earth mk III to blog...

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Musée d'Orsay - fifth post

I'm still uploading images from the wonderful five hours I spent in this old railway station!

Just one work I want to show you on this entry:

Pierre BONNARD 'In a boat' circa 1907



Bonnard is as Bonnard does. I cannot help though but think of some pictures by Brett Whiteley when I see this. His tamer, less drug-influenced / mentally ill work, that is!

les enfants et animaux

It is at the same time idyllic and sinister. Who is facing towards the children and their pets in the boat? The child closest to the viewer has a passive facial expression hidden in darkness. The two children behind her are a little more anxious. Are their pets doomed? Is the weather about to turn?

Only the ducks are relaxed - they approach the boat even.

Well, they are in their element.




les canards

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home