My name's not important

I'm really late to jump on the bandwagon, but I've been too busy designing the fjords for Earth mk III to blog...

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Musée Rodin

There is a song that goes, 'I love Paris in the springtime'...
...well you have to love it in late Autumn too when the weather is as mild and delightful as this. Hard to believe it is 1st November! In just a few more days, Loni's family arrives; and it does get cold - bitterly so - for the first time in my five-week stay in Europe.



Thanks to the country of my birth, the coldness does not bother me. However I will not complain about warm or mild weather either. Of course, if this is in fact due to climate change... well we're all screwed.





What did you say?
You mean, I can bare more than just my upper thigh? Hooray for togas!


Aargh! No! Don't encourage him! He'll streak at the drop of a hat!


Yes, global warming is probably welcomed by some sections of society - naturists who advocate a clothes-free lifestyle, and life drawing models who make a living out of posing naked for artists (and perverts posing as art students).


Well, that's it for silly stuff in this posting. Now to a pose that Rodin obviously liked (or maybe it just didn't sell as well as 'The Thinker' so there were lots of these left over when his estate was handed over to the people of France).















Apologies for the mixed-up layout of these images. Of course, there were meant to be lots of these left over and lying around - they are studies for an ensemble of people who are interacting within a large assembled group. It's one of the figures arranged in Rodin's Monument to the Burghers of Calais.

Mr Porter did actually write further:

I love Paris in the fall.

I love Paris in the winter

when it drizzles

I love Paris in the summer

when it sizzles.

I love Paris evry moment

ev'ry moment of the year

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home